Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change as a way of life

Go down

Change as a way of life Empty Change as a way of life

Post  Hardalee Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:58 pm

I think I have been with Heron Dance from almost the beginning and there have been a lot of changes. However the thing that never changes is my delight and the moment of quiet contentment that always comes from receiving something from Heron Dance. Whether it is the Pause for Beauty or something printed I never fail to find a moment to smile and say, "Ah, here is something I need, something I want, something I was longing for and not even knowing."

It sounds silly to western ears, but the Japanese concept of wabi-sabi is apparent in the imperfect nature of today's attempts to gain that moment. In fact the moment itself is imperfect and followed by more possible moments, each with the potential to be better than the last.

I look forward to those moments, perfect-imperfect, fleeting, excrutiatingly, hauntingly beautiful.

Thank you Rod for sharing all these years, sharing the good, the not so good and the ultimate quest for that "moment."

Hardalee

Hardalee

Back to top Go down