Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks for today's email

3 posters

Go down

Thanks for today's email Empty Thanks for today's email

Post  Karen Bota Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:40 pm

Rod -- I've been moved to email you many times since I've been getting this e-newsletter, but this one was the one I have to respond to!

I am going through a transition, to a new job (which I started last week) and a move to a new town two hours from where I lived and almost on the other side of the state. I will admit I don't bounce well during change, and I tend toward lots of second guessing and self doubt. Am I doing the right thing? Is this what is supposed to come next?

This is the case with my current situation. I believe in the work -- doing communications and administration for The Leaven Center, which nurtures the relationship between spirituality and social justice -- but it has been a cut in pay, the physical move, and just the opportunity to wonder whether this is what I should be doing at age 52 with a daughter in college. And a friend and I are trying to keep expanding the Women's Spirituality Project, which we began three years ago to offer women safe non-judgmental spaces to explore their sense of the Divine, whatever shape that takes. Juggling balls, paying bills, working, dreaming ... worrying.

Then I read your email and I was that person at the sink, doing those very things and wondering those very things ... and sharing in your own description of your journey. The breathing, the questions, the paying attention to those feelings deep down -- all great reminders to me as I continue my own journey these days.

Thanks for writing this, and thanks for continuing to have faith and to be willing to trudge through the snow. You are giving us a real gift out here as you share so much of yourself.

Namaste,
Karen

Karen Bota

Back to top Go down

Thanks for today's email Empty shared journeys

Post  mb goodman Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:44 am

Rod:
I want to thank you for holding to your vision of bringing forth more beauty into the world, beauty that speaks to the heart and soul of that "woman at the sink" and to many, many others. Heron Dance has been a part of my life for many years and I feel grateful to now have the opportunity to thank you for choosing to share this journey with so many of us. The touchstone of this community has permeated my life and given me many blessings.

With gratitude and appreciation for all that is.
Maribeth

mb goodman

Back to top Go down

Thanks for today's email Empty Just thanks

Post  op2myst1 Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:45 am

Dear Rod,
I've been getting Heron Dance for over a decade and find the sincere, authentic voice of the publication to be great encouragement to find and follow that voice in myself. I've shared Heron Dance with others as one of the most useful publications in the search for meaning in life. Thank you for the clear communication and for sharing your own journey.
Paula

op2myst1

Back to top Go down

Thanks for today's email Empty Re: Thanks for today's email

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum