Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#246 Latest Pause For Beauty

2 posters

Go down

#246 Latest Pause For Beauty Empty #246 Latest Pause For Beauty

Post  hirshebar Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:09 am

I enjoy the weekly messages a lot. They come at good intervals, a reminder of why we are molding our lives the way we are. My wife is a painter and I'm a photographer, and we spend half our time at our nature preserve in the Missouri Ozarks, which have a fair number of similarities to Vermont (my birthstate). It always gives a special feeling to see that others are similarly relating to nature and art, and their endless interweavings.

Your painting of sparrows arrived just hours after observing a frenzy of sparrow activity in our small back yard in Kansas City. I was washing dishes in the kitchen when I noticed a number of sparrows hopping around more energetically than usual, gathering what looked like light-colored leaves in their mouths, then flying off with a load. After a while, I saw that the treasured objects were feathers, some longer than others. Apparently a bird of some kind had been killed by a cat or hawk, and the sparrows were thrilled to be feathering their nests with the leftovers, which had scattered a bit in the wind. It wasn't long before every bit of fluff stuff had been picked up and stashed under the eaves and shingles of three or four houses, and the yard quieted down as the nestbuilders withdrew to install their new bedding.

hirshebar

Back to top Go down

#246 Latest Pause For Beauty Empty The Latest Pause for Beauty

Post  Jenny Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:44 am

Thank you Rod for your heartwarming truthfulness. It isn’t easy to admit to oneself, let alone a worldful of people, that for some of us it’s a more agreeable option to opt out of much social life, but that by doing that we miss out on the love connection… Which may make all the difference.

Thank you for letting us into your world.

Jenny Senior

Jenny

Back to top Go down